2 years: 3 semesters at SPbPU + 1 semesters at a partner university (optional).
The program is aimed at training professionals in nuclear power engineering. After graduating from this program, you will be able to design, maintain and operate nuclear power plants and its main equipment such as nuclear reactors, steam generators and steam turbines. In-depth study of theoretical basis in nuclear reactor physics, thermal hydraulics and nuclear power plant safety will be also performed.
- Bachelor’s, Specialist’s or Master’s degree in a relevant area is required
- English language proficiency - B+ (CEFR B2) / Exam Test in a relevant field of studies
- Interview in English with a program coordinator (Skype option is available)
CURRICULUM (GENERAL MODULES):
|Reactor Physics and Thermal Hydraulics Courses||10|
|Nuclear Power Plant Equipment Courses||10|
|Nuclear Power Plant Operation Courses||10|
|Economics and Management Courses||4|
|Master’s Thesis, Scientific and Research Work||58|
- Finland — Lappeenranta University of Technology
- Russia — Power Machines
- State Atomic Energy Corporation “Rosatom”
Our graduates become nuclear power plant engineers, and typically work for nuclear power plants, design institutes and manufacturing establishments. They may start with entry-level positions, which often deal with design or maintenance of plant equipment, and further they can be promoted to senior managerial positions, or to continue their studies in doctoral programs.